Symptoms of an Overburdened Liver
- Skin issues
- Digestive issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Joint pain
- Sensitivity to chemicals
- Hemorrhoids or varicose veins
- Pain under the right side of the rib cage
If you identify with many of these symptoms, there are things you can start doing at home today to safely and effectively detoxify your liver!
8 Ways to Detoxify Your Liver
- Switch to organic produce as much as you can: Start with the dirty dozen which are foods that are most sprayed with pesticides. Check https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/dirty-dozen.php for the latest recommendations.
- Switch to using natural personal care products and makeup: Many personal care products are full of toxic chemicals that overburden the liver, making it much more difficult for our bodies to detoxify.
- Limit alcohol consumption: When you’re at a party, choose a flavored seltzer water with fresh lemon or lime so that you can still feel like you’re joining in on the fun without harming your liver.
- Eliminate processed foods: Processed foods are high in refined sugar, artificial ingredients, and trans fats; all of which are toxic to our bodies. Choose whole foods instead such as lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink lots of filtered water: One suggestion is the Berkey water filter as this filtration system removes harmful bacteria and viruses that conventional filters don’t.
- Incorporate more cruciferous vegetables into your diet: Examples of cruciferous vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, arugula, etc. These can really help in the detoxification process.
- Eliminate plastics from your environment: It’s impossible to eliminate all plastic these days, but there are definitely ways to reduce plastic exposure. One tip is to switch to glass or stainless steel water bottles and food storage containers.
- Get a good sweat: Sweating is such an excellent way to eliminate toxins so that your liver doesn’t have to work on overdrive. You can do this through exercise or through getting into a sauna.