Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 2 hr., 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hr., 40 minutes
- 3 – 4 large organic parsnips
- 3 large organic carrots
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2–3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup almond milk
- optional 1/2 c vegetable or chicken broth (for less thick option)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp minced garlic (divided)
- 1/4 to 1/3 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp ghee (butter that comes from grass fed cows)
- Optional garnishing – parmesan or more rosemary sprigs
- First wash your vegetables.
- Peel if desired but not necessary.
- Steam carrots and parsnips in microwave bowl for 90 seconds.
- Chop into smaller pieces then add to crock pot with 1 cup almond milk, broth, avocado oil, rosemary sprigs, and 1/4 tsp garlic and salt.
- Cover and place on high.
- About one hour into cooking, skim the browning milk on the sides of the crock pot and then mash it up with veggies.
- Continue to cook for another 90 minutes and watch browning on sides again.
- After 2 1/2 hrs. cooking on high, place on low and remove the stick sprigs. Leave the leaves that fell off.
- Add in 2 tbsp ghee, black pepper, 1/4 tsp more garlic and sea salt.
- Mash all together until combined and thick mash is formed. To make this side dish smoother and creamier, add in 1/4 cup organic heavy cream (or cream of your choosing) and mash again or blend with hand blender.
- Place crockpot on warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra rosemary and parmesan if desired.
- **see notes for doubling the recipe
Give this rosemary carrot parsnip mash a try and share with us! Post a photo of your culinary creation on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #MAMRecipe