These muffins will soothe your sweet tooth and leave you feeling satisfied and ready to take on the day. Keep in mind that in order to keep insulin levels low, it is best to avoid anything that is sweet at all. However, it is good to occasionally give in to your cravings.
Total time: 27 mins
Serves: 36 Muffins
Ingredients (use organic ingredients if possible)
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup apple sauce (try making your own apple sauce using organic apples – that way you’ll know exactly what is in it!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana – mashed
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ⅓ cup coconut oil – melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix to combined.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil and fill until ¾ way full. Place in the oven and bake for 10 –12 minutes. Voila! Easy-peasy banana squeezy.
Will you be making this recipe? Post a photo of your muffins using the hashtag #MAMRecipe