Has the fall season officially started if pumpkin isn’t involved? This recipe is not only tasty, it’s healthy as well. It is not overly pumpkiny, but has just enough to give it a faint cinnamon sweet flavor with a little heat from the cayenne. Hummus is already naturally gluten-free, vegan and nutritious. And topping it off with pumpkin will enhance the flavors!
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste as desired
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, plus more to taste as desired
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender. Process or blend until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl or pitcher.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over the top and serve with raw veggies, chips and/or crackers. Also, wonderful as a topping for sweet potatoes, salads and wraps.
Happy Hummus Halloween!