Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1-pound ground organic turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalks organic celery, diced
- 2 organic carrots, diced
- 1 yellow organic onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, more as needed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned.
Add the celery, carrots, onion, red pepper, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Increase the heat and add the chicken broth, water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and add the kale 5 minutes before serving.
Will you be making this recipe? Post a photo of your Italian Turkey Kale Soup using the hashtag #MAMRecipe