Cool winter nights call for a hearty, warm meal that is not only easy to make, but is delicious and nutritious!
- 28-ounce jar of roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 2 cups chicken stock (vegetarian: use vegetable stock)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder (optional)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 chicken breasts (vegetarian: omit)
- Lime wedges, organic cheddar cheese, sprouted grain corn chips
- Place all your ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Roughly 1-2 hours before it is done, pull out the chicken and shred it. Place the chicken back in the slow cooker and stir.
- To serve, top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Please choose all organic ingredients if possible.