Prep Time: 5 Minutes (Not Including Time to Make Rice)
Cook Time: About 45 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients: (use organic, non-GMO ingredients whenever possible)
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee or Unsalted [grass-fed or Irish] Butter (or Avocado Oil if Dairy-Free)
- 3 Shallots, Finely Diced
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 (14-Ounce) Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Organic Chicken Thighs, Cut Into ½-inch Chunks
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 to 2 Green Onions, Sliced Into ½-inch Pieces (About ¼ cup)
- ¼ Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Cups Cauliflower Rice, For Serving
- ½ Tablespoon Melted Ghee (or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil if Dairy-Free), For Drizzling (Optional)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper, For Garnish (Optional)
- Lime or Lemon Wedges, For Garnish (Optional)
- Place the ghee in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot, add the shallots and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Whisk in the broth, coconut milk, and curry paste. Stir in the chunks of chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until the sauce has reduced a bit. The longer you simmer the sauce, the thicker it will be.
- Add the cilantro, green onions, and salt. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the cauliflower rice among 4 serving bowls and spoon the curry over the top. Serve drizzled with melted ghee and sprinkled with freshly ground pepper, with lime or lemon wedges on the side, if desired.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes, until warmed through.