2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
2 & 1/2 Cups Almond Flour or Almond Meal
4 Tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
5 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Seasoning (above)
15 oz Canned Pure Pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
2/3 Cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
4 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
2 & 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Seasoning (above)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Dr. Farnesi’s tip: Substitute the Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener with Allulose, a natural sugar alternative shown to have no effect on blood sugar and great for ketogenic and low carb diets.
- In a Small Mixing Bowl combine the 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger, and 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350⁰F.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine the 2 & 1/2 Cups Almond Flour, 4 Tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, and 1 Teaspoon of the Pumpkin Pie Seasoning.
- Melt 4 & 1/2 Tablespoons of Grass-fed Butter and reserve the remaining 1/2 Tablespoon for greasing the pie plate. Add 1 Large Egg to the melted butter and whisk together. (Make sure that your butter is only just melted and not piping hot or else it will start to scramble your egg when you add it)
- In a Food Processor (or mix by hand of you prefer) add the dry ingredients first, and then pour the egg and butter mixture on top. Pulse long enough to fully mix the crust together.
- Grease a 9.5″ Pie Plate with 1/2 Tablespoon of the Grass-fed Butter to prevent the crust from sticking.
- Spread the crust out evenly in the pan, making sure to build it up along the side walls of the pie plate to hold the pie properly.
- Bake the crust in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until you feel that it is partially baked enough. You do NOT want to fully bake it in this step.
- Set on counter to cool off a little bit while preparing the Pumpkin Pie filling.
- In a Food Processor (or Large Mixing Bowl if mixing by hand) combine a 15oz can of Pure Pumpkin, 3 Large Eggs, 4 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream, 2/3 Cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, and 2 & 1/2 Teaspoons of the Pumpkin Pie Seasoning.
- Pour the mixed Pie Filling into the Crust and spread evenly with a spatula. Tap on the counter to release any air bubbles, and then bake in the oven at 350⁰F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove when the center of the pie is no longer jiggly and place on the counter to cool off completely to room temperature.
- After the pie has reached room temperature, place it in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours, or overnight if preferred. You will want the pie to cool off enough to fully set.
Note: If you are wanting to prevent the crust from browning up too much you can bake the pie with a sheet of Aluminum Foil laid carefully across the top.
Will you be making this recipe? Post a photo of your keto pumpkin pie recipe using the hashtag #MAMRecipe